What is a dental crown?
If one of your teeth is damaged or decayed, Dr. Jade Cherrington may recommend a dental crown in Redmond, Oregon. A dental crown, which is shaped like a tooth, is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance. When cemented in place, the dental crown will cover and protect the entire visible part of the tooth.
When might our dentist recommend a dental crown?
– To keep a weak tooth from breaking or cracking
– To hold together a cracked tooth
– To restore a tooth that is broken or badly worn
– To support a tooth with a large dental filling
– To anchor a dental bridge
– To cover misshaped or badly stained teeth
– To cover a dental implant
– To improve the appearance of a tooth
How long will my dental crown last?
Dental crowns usually last from 5 to 15 years. How long your dental crown lasts will depend on how much wear and tear the crown is exposed to as well as how well you practice dental hygiene. Your mouth-related habits can negatively affect your dental crown. Avoid the following habits:
– Grinding or clenching your teeth
– Chewing ice
– Biting fingernails
– Opening packages with your teeth
We encourage you to contact Rimrock Dental of Redmond at 541-699-4200 today to learn more and to set up your next visit.